The Magento 2.2 launch is quickly approaching and that means that Magento Marketplace’s Extension Quality Program (EQP) will soon start accepting extensions and themes compatible with Magento 2.2, even before the product officially launches.
Starting August 14th, we encourage developers to submit packages which have been tested with Release Candidate 2 (RC2) or later releases. To ensure fast approval and listing in the Marketplace in time for the launch of Magento 2.2, we recommend you only update the composer.json and module.xml files before verifying that your code works as designed. If it does, submit it to Marketplace EQP (link below) and we’ll expedite our review process (estimated 1 week turnaround).
Note: If code changes are necessary due to backward incompatibility issues (see details below) or to add net new functionality, the submission will go through the standard review process and timeline.
- Please review the Magento 2.2 Release Information
- Pay special attention to the listed backward incompatibilities
- Watch the Magento 2.2 Developer Webinar
- Download and review your extension’s compatibility with Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
- Open Source (CE) code is available to everyone
- Magento Commerce (EE) code is available to those who have a dev license. Learn more.
- Test your code with RC1
- Conduct functional testing on your code
- Automated testing (recommended to minimize issues after submitting)
- Download Release Candidate 2 (RC2) to review your extension’s compatibility and verify your code still functions as designed with both functional and automated testing
- Submit to Marketplace EQP and take advantage of our expedited review process until the Magento 2.2 launch
Please email email@example.com with any questions or